Call it self-care, the occasional indulgence or a glorified obsession... look on the dresser table of the typical modern woman and chances are you’ll be captivated by the array of cosmetics on display. Whether it’s the pretty packaging, brand quality or simply how a favorite lipstick enhances our lips, there’s a special place and purpose for every beauty product we choose to add into our collection. But since it’s easy to get carried away with a makeup spending spree - and before you know it you’ve got far too many overpriced items in your online shopping cart - we’ve made the process much more affordable. Discover our Top 5 cosmetics under $50 and get more bang for your buck with these budget-friendly buys.
1. At the top of our list is this Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm Multipack. Available on Amazon for under $8, here you can pamper your pout with not one but four balms from everybody’s go-to lip care brand. From the nourishing beeswax and fruit extracts to their summer-ready flavours, you can’t go wrong with one of these fruity little sticks to hand.
2. You never know when a photo opportunity might present itself, so it’s important to ensure you have a lipstick with major color payoff ready for your next selfie. Wet n Wild’s Mini Liquid Catsuit Lip Set includes 2 matte shades and 2 metallic hues, which makes this the perfect bargain set if you love to play with color and you’re always on the go.
3. Continuing with the glamour theme, it’s always worth splashing out on a signature red lipstick. It goes without saying that all of MAC’s beauty products make cute collectible items, but their Viva Glam Lipstick in a rich-pigmented red shade is an absolute makeup must-have for any fashionista who loves a classic Hollywood red pout. And this one’s under $20, so not even half of your $50 budget.
4. Every beauty fanatic deserves to find herself a 'BFF' setting spray. Fact. And this Fix Make-Up Spray by Clarins at just over $30 is not only versatile in that it can be used to prime your skin before makeup, it also sets your final look for serious staying power all day. And if you need to refresh with a mist throughout the day, this hydrating spray won’t budge your beautiful makeup look, but will still hydrate tight skin with a radiant boost of Vitamin C.
5. And last but not least is a popular full-coverage and semi-matte foundation, also known as Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. If you’re looking for a long-lasting base that’s fragrance-free and powers through humidity without the need for touch-ups, this flawless foundation by luxury cosmetics fave Estee Lauder is the bottle for you. It’s currently priced on Amazon at $35.50. Suffice to say, you won’t want to miss out on this sweet deal.
So if you like to spend wisely in the cosmetics department but still splurge where it counts, these affordable cosmetics will help you save a few bucks on your beauty bill. And since everything listed here falls under the $50 mark, you’ll be able to shop guilt-free.
What is called a pull-through braid is basically a ponytail consisting of a number of smaller ones to make it look like a spiffy plait. It may seem sophisticated but it is not and is much easier to perform than its French analogue. Easy 6-Step Guide to Make Your Splendid …...